Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Qiang Huang Workshop in Cary NC

Just finished a wonderful painting workshop with Qiang Huang at the Waverly Artists Gallery in Cary. What a privilege to be taught by this very accomplished artist right here in the Triangle. I didn't have to travel to Austin TX where he lives.
Qiang is a very fine artist and also a superior and giving teacher. He had the best set up for viewing his demonstrations that I have ever seen!
His teaching of the basic principles of painting, composition, value, color, brushwork, and edges, are applicable to all media. Qiang went around to each student several times a day and gave instructions according to the students level. He is planning a painting workshop trip to his native China for this fall. Check out his blog to see his beautiful work and also for future updates about the China workshop


brushwork said...

Nancy, I took a Qiang Huang workshop in Putney, Vermont last year in March, I think. I wanted to also meet the Putney Painters and hopefully Richard Schmid. I did meet Nancy Guzik but Richard was 'under the weather'. Qiang is so humble in addition to being a great artist. I so enjoyed being with him. I bought one of his demo paintings. Fay Fisher

Gexton said...

awesome! It's true haven't seen you put much painting up here in a while, but really sweet!
painters edmonton

painting contractor edmonton

NJ Darling said...

Thanks but this is Quiangs painting. I wish.....